We encourage ALL Canadian early and growth-stage startups apply.
CIX has two awards categories:
CIX TOP 20 Early program for companies with net revenue less than CA $5 million or who have raised less than $10 million and the CIX TOP 10 Growth program for later stage companies.
To apply for the CIX TOP 20 Early and the CIX TOP 10 Growth, your company must:
- Be an incorporated Canadian business (Quebec excluded from requirement);
- Be founded and headquartered in Canada;
- Be privately held and not listed on any exchanges anywhere in the world;
- Have a unique/ disruptive innovative digitally-based business idea that brings commercial or social value;
- Have a functional prototype (at minimum) of the product, service or application (must be in market, can be pre-revenue);
- In addition to rating your company's innovation, market opportunity, management and business model, the judges will rate your company on its diversity of leadership;
- The company CEO or Founder must be available to present live at CIX Digital Summit on Oct 27 or Oct 28, 2021;
- We recommend that your submission include a Pitch Deck or Sales Deck in PDF format.
Note: If your company was previously awarded as CIX TOP 20 and you are at a later stage, you may apply again and you will be directed to the Growth award category.
Companies will be evaluated and chosen by the CIX 2021 Selection Committee. Benefits include:
- Recognition as a CIX Top 20 Early or CIX Top 10 Growth award winner in Canada’s longest running and most prestigious innovation awards program;
- Invitations to CIX VIP in person and virtual events with investors, corporates and media such as private dinners, TSX market open;
- Company CEO /Founder will present virtually to audience of 1000 + investors, customers, partners at CIX during one of CIX TOP Showcases;
- Three Passes to CIX Digital Summit, one for the presenting founder / CEO and two additional company executives;
- Your own eBooth at CIX Digital Summit to promote your company, have private video meetings;
- All companies that apply will have free access to Hockeystick startup account and matchmaking platform;
- Access to one-on-one virtual meetings with investors and corporate partners at CIX Digital Summit;
- Introductions to key people and groups that help your company succeed;
- Permanent posting on CIX web site with company logo and description;
- Inclusion in CIX marketing elements shared with CIX community of 10,000+
- Recognition in CIX media releases and media interviews;
- Exposure on multiple news sites globally;
- Ongoing support from CIX including tracking and celebrations of successes, invitations to return to CIX as a speaker.
How to apply
Complete the online application by creating an account. The deadline to apply is 11:59pm EST July 30, 2021. You may begin the process and save your application, without submitting. Be sure to SAVE each time you edit. The selection process takes place in August and successful applicants will be notified by the end of August.
The Judging Process
The Selection Committee will be evaluating your company on the following six criteria:
- Business Model
- Quality of Product and Service Offering
- Market Opportunity
- Depth of Management
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of Leadership
No one outside of the CIX staff and Selection Committee have access to a company’s individual submission information. It will never be used for any other purpose than to understand, analyze, review and judge the companies. Absolutely no information is shared, published or in any way compromised. It is a de-facto confidentiality agreement.