- Be an incorporated Canadian business (Quebec excluded from requirement);
- Be privately held and not listed on any exchanges anywhere in the world;
- Have a unique/ disruptive innovative digitally-based business idea that brings commercial or social value;
- Have a functional prototype (at minimum) of the product, service or application (must be in market, can be pre-revenue);
- The company CEO or Founder must be available to present at CIX in Toronto on Oct 16 / 17 2019.
To apply for the CIX TOP 20 Early and the CIX TOP 10 Growth, your company must:
Note: If your company was previously awarded as CIX TOP 20 and you are at a later stage, you may apply again and you will be directed to the Growth award category.
Companies will be selected by the Selection Committee and awarded designation as a 2019 CIX TOP 20 Early or CIX TOP 10 Growth company. Benefits include:
- Recognition as an award winner in Canada’s longest running and most prestigious awards program;
- Company CEO /Founder will present to audience of 650+ investors, customers, partners at CIX on either Oct 16 or 17 during one of CIX TOP Showcases;
- Exhibit space in the CIX TOP Lounge over two days of CIX;
- Listing and company description in CIX 2019 Event Guide;
- Invitations to many CIX VIP events attended by investors, corporates and media such as private dinners, TSX market open, and various VIP events;
- Introductions to key people and groups that help your company succeed;
- Permanent posting on CIX web site with company logo and description;
- Inclusion in CIX marketing elements shared with CIX community of 10,000+
- Recognition in CIX media releases and media interviews;
- Exposure on multiple news sites globally;
- Ongoing support from CIX including tracking and celebrations of successes, invitations to return to CIX as a speaker.
How to apply
Complete the online application by creating an account. The deadline to apply is midnight EST on July 15, 2019. You may begin the process and save your application, without submitting. The selection rocess takes place in August and successful applicants will be notified by the end of August.
The Judging Process
The following criteria weighting will guide the jury during judging rounds.
Quality of Product and Service Offering
Depth of Management
No one outside of the CIX staff and Selection Committee have access to a company’s submission information. It will never be used for any other purpose than to understand, analyze, review and judge the companies. Absolutely no information is shared, published or in any way compromised. It is a de-facto confidentiality agreement.