Be part of the largest national showcase of
Canada's most innovative tech companies!
We encourage ALL Canadian early and growth stage startups apply - it's no cost, takes only 20 minutes and you will be seen by North American investors!
CIX has Two Awards Categories
CIX TOP 20 Early for companies with net revenue less than CA $5 million or who have raised less than $10 million and the CIX TOP 10 Growth for later stage companies.
To apply for the CIX TOP 20 Early and the CIX TOP 10 Growth, your company must:
· Be an incorporated business in Canada;
· Be headquartered in Canada;
· Be privately held and not listed on any exchanges anywhere in the world;
· Have a unique/ disruptive innovative digitally-based business idea that brings commercial or social value;
· Have a functional prototype (at minimum) of the product, service or application (must be in market, can be pre-revenue);
· In addition to rating your company's innovation, market opportunity, management and business model, the judges will rate your company on its diversity of leadership;
· The company CEO or Founder must be available to present live at CIX, in-person, on November 1-2, 2022 in downtown Toronto;
· We recommend that your submission include a Pitch Deck or Sales Deck in PDF format.
Note: If your company was previously awarded as CIX TOP 20 and you are at a later stage, you may apply again in the Growth category.
Benefits in applying include
· Your business will be seen by 140 investors on the 2022 Selection Committee;
· Free access to Hockeystick startup account and matchmaking platform;
· Free access to an interactive virtual workshop to perfect your ‘pitch’ application – dates are May 31, June 21 and July 19 1-3:30 EST.
Benefits for selected companies include
· Recognition as a CIX Top 20 Early or CIX Top 10 Growth award winner in Canada’s longest running and most prestigious innovation awards program, Link to alumni;
· Invitations to CIX VIP in-person and virtual events with investors, corporates and media such as private dinners, TSX market open;
· Company CEO /Founder will present to audience of investors, startups, corporates at CIX during one of CIX TOP Showcases;
· Three Passes to CIX, one for the presenting founder / CEO and two additional company executives;
· A dedicated Meeting Cruiser table in the CIX Lounge for the two days of CIX, November 1-2, 2022;
· Access to sign-up for CIX's Meeting Exchange which are the popular 1:1 face-to-face meetings with investors at CIX;
· Introductions to key people and groups that help your company succeed;
· Permanent posting on CIX website with company logo and link;
· Inclusion in CIX marketing elements shared with CIX community of 15,000+;
· Recognition in CIX media releases and introductions for media interviews;
· Exposure on multiple news sites globally;
· Ongoing support from CIX including tracking and celebrations of successes, invitations to return to CIX as a speaker.
How to apply
Complete the online application by creating an account. The 2022 deadline to apply is 11:59 pm EST on August 3, 2022. The selection process takes place in August and successful applicants will be notified by the end of August.
The Judging Process
The Selection Committee evaluates the applicants on the following six criteria:
1. Business Model
2. Quality of Product and Service Offering
4. Market Opportunity
5. Depth of Management
6. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of Leadership
No one outside of the CIX staff and Selection Committee have access to a company’s individual submission information. It will never be used for any other purpose than to understand, analyze, review and judge the companies. Absolutely no information is shared, published or in any way compromised. It is a de-facto confidentiality agreement.