AWARD DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 15 2023 11:59pm
Be part of the largest national showcase of
Canada's most innovative tech companies!
GET RECOGNIZED = GET FUNDED = SCALE FASTER
• 87% of CIX Top companies were funded within 6 months of CIX recognition;
• 92% were funded within a year;
• Investors view CIX recognition as a validation by their peers
ALL Canadian early and growth stage startups are encouraged to apply - no cost, takes only 20 minutes and you will be seen by North American investors!
CIX has Two Awards Categories
CIX TOP 20 Early for companies with net revenue less than CA $5 million or who have raised less than $10 million and the CIX TOP 10 Growth for later stage companies.
To apply for the CIX TOP 20 Early and the CIX TOP 10 Growth, your company must:
· Be an incorporated business in Canada;
· Be headquartered in Canada;
· Be privately held and not listed on any exchanges anywhere in the world;
· Have a unique/disruptive/innovative digitally-based business idea that brings commercial or social value;
· Have a functional prototype (at minimum) of the product, service or application (must be in market, can be pre-revenue);
· In addition to rating your company's innovation, market opportunity, management and business model, the judges will rate your company on its diversity of leadership;
· The company CEO or Founder must be available to present live at the CIX Summit, in-person, March 26-27, 2024 in downtown Toronto;
· We recommend that your submission include a Pitch Deck or Sales Deck in PDF format.
Note: If your company was previously awarded as CIX TOP 20 and you are at a later stage, you may apply again and we will consider you in the Growth category.
· Your business will be seen by 140+ investors. Link to the 2022 Selection Committee;
· Recognition as a CIX Top 20 Early or CIX Top 10 Growth award winner in Canada’s longest running and most prestigious innovation awards program, Link to alumni;
· Invitations to CIX VIP in-person and virtual events with investors, corporates and media such as private dinners, TSX market open;
· Your CEO/Founder will present to an audience of 500+ investors, startups, corporates at CIX;
· Three Passes to CIX, one for the presenting founder / CEO and two additional company executives;
· A dedicated meeting table at CIX;
· First access to sign-up for CIX's Meeting Exchange which are the popular 1:1 face-to-face meetings with investors at CIX;
· Introductions to key people and groups that help your company succeed;
· Permanent posting on CIX website with company logo and link;
· Inclusion in CIX marketing elements shared with CIX community of 15,000+;
· Recognition in CIX media releases and introductions for media interviews;
· Exposure on multiple news sites globally;
· Ongoing support from CIX including tracking and celebrations of successes, invitations to return to CIX as a speaker.
How to apply
Complete the online application by creating an account before the Entry Deadline of Friday December 15, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR ENTRY. ALL required fields (noted with an astrix*) must be filled in for it to save. You may use 'TBD' in required fields if information is not available at the time.
The Judging Process
The Selection Committee evaluates each applicantion on the following six criteria:
1. Business Model
2. Quality of Product and Service Offering
4. Market Opportunity
5. Depth of Management
6. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of Leadership
No one outside of the CIX staff and Selection Committee have access to a company’s individual submission information. It will never be used for any other purpose than to understand, analyze, review and judge the companies. Absolutely no information is shared, published or in any way compromised. It is a de-facto confidentiality agreement.